Monday, February 25, 2008

Wounded, Day Three

Whenever you are sick or something happens it seems as if all of a sudden most people have had it happen to them or know someone who had it happen to or had that illness. It’s actually quite funny when you start paying attention to this. For instance I’ve seen quite a few scars on people’s fingers from where they have cut themselves in the past or better yet where a scar would have been from a cut except the doctor stitched it so well there is no scar.

Here are a few of the comments I’ve had so far about my finger.

1. Do you want me to get a $1.50 tube of Super Glue to glue it shut?

2. Where’s the rest of your glove? (referring to only one finger being covered with the bandage)

3. Aren’t you glad it wasn’t a different finger? (Actually been asked multiple times. And many, many people will tell you about someone who did have a big bandage on the middle finger proving my point from above.)

4. I’ll not repeat the one someone thought was funny referring to my index finger and my nose. It wasn’t funny.

5. Well, you really did try to cut your finger off.—the PA cleaning out the wound before suturing.

6. Better put the knife in the dishwasher. There's blood on it.

I took off the big white bandage last night to wash the wound and now have only a bandaid. I like the protection of the bigger bandage, but the bandaid is sufficient as it isn’t bleeding. Only once today have I grasped something and had it really hurt.

No comments: