Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Customer Service

I've mentioned this guy's blog in previous posts and back on Xanga. His post for today (here) is really good. Why is customer service so hard for businesses?

Yesterday I went through the drive-thru at the bank to cash a check. Almost every time I go to this branch, or really any branch, the teller's call me Rhonda and I correct them. I've been called by this bank to do a survey on their customer service and I always mention that they don't get my name correct. Yesterday, the teller asked, "Is there was any particular way you want the money, Rhonda?" (The check was for $12.76--how many ways could there be???) My response, "No particular way, and it's Rhoda." Teller: "I'm sorry, Rhoda, I've been called on that before."

Wouldn't good customer service be that you start looking at names more closely?

My new response is going to be, "Well since you're adding letters to my name, why don't you just add a zero just before the decimal?" : )

An example of good customer service: The Lady Vols rewarded their faithful fans with another--the 8th--national championship!

1 comment:

Ann said...

You're right, that guy's post was good.

There's a good article in the new edition of Reader's Digest (came in the mail yesterday, I assume it's May) about how to get good customer service.