Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ramblings

RAMBLING #1:
Last night I had a meeting from which I returned about 9:15. Before the meeting I made ghoulash and readily admit that I left the stove messy with grease splatter, tomato juice, etc. as well as dishes all over the kitchen.

When I got in the door I smelled something that didn’t smell like ghoulash, but I just assumed it must be a carry over from my dinner. I did a few things and then walked through the kitchen and saw half an onion on the counter. The smell wasn’t onion, but I thought that must have contributed to the smell.

Then I walked in the living room and saw a half-eaten bowl of popcorn. Hmmm, some Goldilocks must’ve been in my house. The living room floor (which my recruiter describes as Mary Kay threw up in my living room) was straightened up so that the MK clutter is at least neatly stacked and boxes in a row. I walked back through the kitchen to realize the stove was cleaned, the dishes were done, and later I found out that the cherry juice that had spilled in the refrigerator was cleaned up as well.

Renae was my Goldilocks and is a very good friend.

RAMBLING #2:
I love the Olympics, but I was disappointed that the IOC gave the Olympics to Beijing based on their human rights record. I’m glad to see that there are protestors in the cities where the Olympic torch is traveling through. As long as the protests are non-violent, I’m glad that they are shedding light on the fact that China has an abysmal human rights record. While some progress has been made, much more needs to occur in China.

RAMBLING #3:
My goal for quite awhile has been to run a 5K. I’ve started walking/running to “train” to do so several times, but often things like winter get in the way and I don’t complete it.

I have a new goal and thought that maybe if I put it out here and occasionally update on my progress I’d be more motivated to continue through.

My goal is to run the Mary Kay Ash Foundation 5K on October 11. It is a local event to raise money for the Foundation which supports cancer research and issues regarding domestic violence. Today was Day 4 of the training. The funny thing in this program which is designed for running 2 miles is that the first day is Rest. I can handle that.

The struggle for me is that if I don’t get up and do this in the morning than I get busy after work and don’t exercise. This means I have to get up a 6:00 to get in 30 minutes at least. Over the last few months I’ve realized how much better I operate when I sleep until 6:30 so I’m going to have to reset someway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great friend.

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed that you want to do the run . . . .

And so happy you have a good friend like Renae. I've always wanted "The Brownies" to come clean my house for me while I was away!