Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Deer Sighting

I was driving down a country road last night when a deer crossed the road ahead of me. I slowed down expecting another one to pass as well. Until I was much closer I could barely make out a little fawn crossing the road as the color blended in with the dirt road. When I got to where they crossed the road I stopped. The mother deer had stopped and was turned looking at me. The little fawn was trying to cross a ditch.

When do deer give birth? The fawn was barely walking across the road and was so small which made me wonder if it was not very old.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Mike would know. He's working so much night shift right now that I hardly see him, and when I do he's hardly coherent, but at some point I'll ask him.

How do I get some of that Mary Kay tanning stuff? Should I find a consultant here or could we work out a mailing deal?

rk2 said...

We can so definitely work out a mailing deal!!! I'm getting an order in today or tomorrow with some in it. I'll mail it to you, and I'm guessing there will be a big sister discount as well. : ) I'll call you about it later.