Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Wednesday Lunch Drive

Today as I drove back to work at lunch from running a few errands I was driving some back roads. I pulled up to a T-intersections where I needed to turn left and stopped. Most cars approaching turn right as continuing straight is a dead end; however, I’ve learned to wait until the car actually turns before I proceed into the intersection.

A car was approaching the intersection rather fast with its turn signal on. At one point I thought “There is no way he’s going to be able to make the turn!” Right at the intersection the car slowed very, very quickly. Obviously the driver had stepped very hard on the brakes. The front passenger was not happy and waved the driver to continue on straight.

By the way, the car had a large Driver’s Education—Student Driver on top and the passenger was an instructor.

I remembered the boredom of driving in driver’s ed, and thought that there is no way I’d want to be a driver’s ed teacher.

But the best part of driving at lunch--seeing gas for less that $4/gallon!

No comments: