Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bean Harvest

This is the result of my first bean picking this year and an updated picture of the garden. I'm working on the weeds, but it's a never ending battle. The raspberries keep coming. And, I "weeded" two carrots last night. It appears we could be picking them.





The garden picture is taken as it is getting dark so it actually looks better in person. The tomatoes are coming along but not as nicely as previous year. The beans are to the right; you can definitely tell which plants made it on the first, second, or third planting. The popcorn is to the right of the beans. About half of it came in. Behind those three is peppers, lettuce, carrots and potatoes that you cannot see. The raspberry bushes are at the back of the picture. Behind that is the squash and cantaloupe. Last night I decided that you just cannot grow okra in Michigan. My plants are only about 6" high and it's almost the end of July!

No comments: