Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend

The past weekend seems kind of boring but I stayed busy. Saturday Renae and I picked blueberries. We'd found a place last year that we both thought we could remember where it was; however, we drove and drove and drove without finding the correct road. We both had looked through our checkbooks last week to try to find the name of the place, but apparently we both paid with cash which is pretty rare. Another friend of mine had gone along last year so we called Shelly from the car. She was on her way home, but when she checked her checkbook she'd only written in "Blueberries". I'd also gone on-line last week to find the place, but I couldn't find anything familiar. Shelly went on-line and started reading of blueberry farms in Ottawa County. We both agreed that Pierce St. sounded familiar so Renae and I put the address in the GPS and drove right there. I guess it's important to turn on 104th instead of 120th! We were only 2 miles off.

Saturday night I made blueberry bars for a church picnic on Sunday. They were a recipe I got at the blueberry farm and are pretty good. I was excited because it's the first time I took a dish to a potluck and everything was gone. However, I'm wondering if people thought they were chocolate chip and were disappointed when it was blueberry!

We have so many raspberries this year (although they are pretty much done now) that we made a batch of raspberry jam on Saturday and with so many still left over a batch of raspberry/cherry yesterday. We also are getting lots of beans from the garden. Anyone in AL want some when I come?

Both Saturday and Sunday were good pool days. I like that a lot!!!

As a friend in IL once said, "These pathetic lives we've grown to love.

No comments: