Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Cabbages and Kings--Of Death and Grace

Fifteen years ago I began reading The Banner, the publication of the Christian Reformed Church. Some of the articles I agreed with and others I didn't. It was interesting to see a different church's publication and the "sacred cows" they had. The one column I always seemed to like was called "Cabbages and Kings", written by an retired minister in the church for 40 years. He died of cancer earlier this year, but he had written enough columns for his last column to be printed in the August issue.

Click here to read it. Read through to the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very sobering indeed, especially since I am enjoying the blessing of health at this time. However, I am cognizant that my age is a mere eleven years less that that of Pastor Epping. Ken Ham and Dr.Tommy Mitchell both have DVDs on why good people suffer. It all goes back to the sin nature we all inherit from our first parents. In a world dominated by Satan we can expect to receive our just due. BUT when we are covered by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, we can rejoice that we do not get what we deserve because we are partakers of the GRACE that the retired pastor discusses.