Monday, August 18, 2008

The Cottage

I had two great weekends with friends at their friends’ lake cottage.



Between the two weekends I caught 7 bass but had to throw one back as it was too small. I also lost at least three before I got them in the boat; they were really, really big too! The picture here is pretty rough since we just got off the boat about 9:00 after waking up and starting to fish at 6:30. This was my 16” fish.



It was great to sit on the beach and hear the water lap up on shore. The weather was good. The first weekend on Sunday morning at 6:30 we were on the lake in jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt, and yes a light winter coat! Thankfully the sun came out really nice in the afternoon. The evenings were cool for sleeping but it got warm during the day.

The downside to lake cottages is how close they are. The neighbor two doors down (one small storage cottage in between her the cottage we were in) and her friend sit out in the yard with binoculars to see what is going on out on the lake. They also watch out and let you know what you’ve been doing. It is rather freakish.

I’ve decided I would like to live on a lake. I don’t think I’d want a house and a lake cottage as you would have to maintain two residences, and you’d always be going to the same place. As nice as the fishing was, it would get old to fish the same lake all summer long. However, I like the water so it would be nice to live on a lake but still vacation to other places.

No comments: