Thursday, August 7, 2008

I’ve got pics from the trip I need to download, but here are three quick flying events that struck me funny.

1. On the first leg of the flights on Friday, the flight attendant just wasn’t your typical image of a flight attendant. I know they don’t have the height and weight requirements they used to so flight attendants had a beauty queen image, but this lady just looked as if she didn’t have all the room in the house finished. Anyway, there was quite a bit of turbulence as we neared Cincinnati so after a very bumpy couple of minutes she got on the speaker and said, “Folks, I can’t pick up the trash. I’ve got to sit down!”

2. Yesterday I went into the restroom at the Nashville airport. There were probably 6-7 stalls on each side and I walked down the middle to one on the end. I passed the only stall that was occupied but didn’t try to go in as there were plenty of empty ones; however, a voice said, “Someone’s in here.” A couple of co-workers today thought I should’ve said, “Someone’s out here too.” It was just weird.

3. On the last leg of the trip last night (delayed by three hours since I took a voluntary bump to get the bonus Delta dollars), the lady in front of me apparently had never flown before. Every noise such as the beeps when the seatbelt sign turned off and especially when the wheels went down made her jump, flinch, and gasp. It didn’t help that we landed just as a thunder storm hit so there was lightening flashing a couple of miles away and the plane had to abort its landing, circle around, and land on the second approach. There were fire trucks and other rescue personnel out on the runway—I’m not sure if they were for us or something else. I don’t know what she would’ve done had she been able to see them.

No comments: