Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mmm, good carrots

Over the weekend we harvested carrots anticipating putting some in the fair (but that's another post). Last night I finally got the carrots cleaned up and sliced some for a snack today. Renae is not a big carrot eater, but we both agreed that fresh garden carrots are really good. Typically I've only liked the baby carrots in the grocery store, but these were as good or better. I almost wish I hadn't frozen as many as I did last night so that I could snack on more. We're pretty sure we'll find more if we dig more.

We actually found them rather hard to get out of the ground and broke several. I also learned to not plant them quite so close together as we have some very misshaped carrots with 2-3 growing together.

The next big garden chore is to dig potatoes but we may let that go another couple of weeks.

The tomatoes are just now getting ripe so I also have some cherry tomatoes to snack on today as well. The peppers are getting bigger so that means salsa is just around the corner!

No comments: