Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Speedway Drinks

At lunch I stopped at Speedway to get a drink. I have a very specific way to make the drink. I do a 44 oz. for me and a 32 oz. insulated cup for Renae. First I put a shot of cherry frozen mix in the cups. Next I fill the cups with Diet Mt. Dew. This results in a lot of foam so I have to keep filling one and then the other until eventually I get a full cup. After that I put on the domed lid. Then I fill the lid with cherry for Renae. I like the orange frozen as well so today I filled about half the dome with orange and then most of the rest with cherry. This is actually not an easy thing to do as sometimes the fizz causes more foaming that spews out of the opening and can be a real mess, but I digress. Renae taught me to top off the opening with a small shot of yellow (Mt. Dew) frozen mix so that if the drink somehow spills I’ll get yellow on me instead of red which is harder to get out of clothing so I filled the tip of the lid with yellow.

So, today I’m mixing our drinks when a nicely dressed older lady came over. She put her hand on my upper arm, which actually was a bit unnerving for me, and said, “I’ve always wondered about these drinks. You make such a pretty drink.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bummer they stopped the .79 drinks on Aug. 1 this year instead of Sept. 1.