Thursday, October 16, 2008

Learning at Work

Part of my performance plan is to help provide learning opportunities for my team members. For example, I previously organized a demonstration of Herman Miller’s presence in the virtual world Second Life.

Last week someone was taking staples out of a stack of papers to get them ready to shred. I questioned why she was doing that. She and two others replied that they didn’t know you can put staples through the shredder.

Today one of them told our work team leader who was also surprised that you can put staples through the shredder.

This came up today as there was a large stack of voided documents with the backup stapled to them that needed to be shredded. Several of us grabbed a stack of the documents and marched off to the shredder. It was quite funny to watch them get excited about sending staples through the shredder.

I suppose I shouldn’t have gasped when the first person put a document in the shredder as if it was going to break with the staple going through.

This is so going on my performance review as a learning opportunity.

1 comment:

Neth Moiré said...

Did you like what you saw in HM's SL?

I helped create it - interested

Neth