Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thankful Thursday

1. Jaimie called last night. It may be the first time she’s called and we had a really nice conversation.
2. Checking out a book in the church library Sunday that my college roommate recommended last week. I don’t read much Christian fiction but she said Francine Rivers’ Redeeming Love is really good. (The church librarian concurred.) The book is a novel based on Hosea’s love of his unfaithful wife representing God’s love for unfaithful Israel and us.
3. Yesterday I had a nice lunch with Becky, my friend and MK recruiter soon to be director. She shared ideas about MK holiday marketing.
4. I got a new MK contact at a local coffee shop.
5. Another friend is considering joining MK as a personal use consultant. She would be my second recruit which means only one more until I would be a red jacket.
6. Hearing the truth even when it means “bucking up” and dealing with some tough stuff. The lady didn’t know she was, and probably doesn’t want to be, and instrument of God in my life.
7. Talking to my brother during lunch earlier this week.

No comments: