Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What an exciting diversion during a busy month time. A tractor/trailer rig making a left turn in front of our building apparently shifted its load and the trailer went over on its side. For almost four hours we periodically watched as emergency and wrecker personnel worked to upright the tractor. I actually took my work over by the windows in order to be there when they pulled the trailer upright. It was funny to look around and see the several departments had people at the windows watching.

It was interesting to listen to all the "office people" talk about how they should lift the trailer and what no doubt went wrong. And we were all entranced with the work going on outside.

It reminded me of how often I've watched big projects. In high school my sister and I watched an apartment complex being built on our way to school. It was kind of disappointing when it was done. The next year the same company built another complex at a different location on the route to school. In Chattanooga I watched road construction on my way to work, and my first year here I watched Zeeland Hospital being built.

It must be rewarding to be able to see such progress in your work.

No comments: