Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sugar Cookies

Today I made sugar cookies. I used to be famous among my nieces and nephews for them, but it's probably been so long since I've made them for the kids that they don't remember them.

Tomorrow is a cookie exchange at work so I thought it best to participate and make my 3 dozen cookies. I also thought about making molasses cookies as I've been hungry for those. Then I thought about making the chocolate cookies for Christmas and freezing the rest, but it was just too much work for today. Of course, I thought about springerles to have them made for Christmas, but you just don't take those to a cookie exchange.

Then I realized all my cookie choices are the recipes my grandmothers made, and I feel connected to them when I bake their cookies.

2 comments:

Ann said...

I make the spritz cookies and feel connected that way.

Anonymous said...

I let my girls make the cookies and feel connected in that way!
And, by the way MK has dual significance. And also by the way,
MLK is not always Martin Luther King.


Your mother