Monday, December 8, 2008

Monday Miscellaneous

1. I read a blog called Stuff Christians Like occasionally. Usually it's pretty funny, but as a former high school athletic director I really liked this post on Christians and sports. From the comments I learned that God is a Crimson Tide fan. Seriously, look it up; however, apparently King James didn't realize it's Bama and not Bamah.

2. Over the weekend my friend Renae got an e-mail for one of our favorite stores that favorite customers could get 50% off their entire purchase from 3-7 that day only. Of course, we head off to the store. She bought a pair of pants. At the checkout counter as they bagged her pants I said, "Oh, there isn't the Christmas tissue paper this year?" This store always wraps your purchase in tissue paper and last year they had tissue paper with Christmas lights on it. The sales associate said, "I can put some in the bag for you, but we don't have time today to wrap the purchases."

I shook my head as I left and thought, "What wrong here. Renae gets an e-mail as a valued customer for that day only. We make the effort to go to the store, and yet the service that we have come to expect from them, an extra touch that is really nice, is deleted because they are too busy--for their valued customers?" By the way, no one was in line behind us and the s.a. didn't smile either.

3. We had a lot of snow over the weekend. There's at least a foot of snow on the ground and the good news that it's going to start snowing this afternoon through tomorrow night.

No comments: