Thursday, January 8, 2009

A couple of Jeffrey stories from the holidays:

I was telling Jeffrey, Grandma, Andrew, and K-Daddy about growing popcorn this past summer. Jeffrey jerked around to me beside him in the car and said, “No you didn’t.” Me: “Yes, I did.”
Jeffrey: “No, you didn’t. That’s impoppable!”

Then he stopped and started laughing at himself. “I said impoppable instead of impossible. That’s a pretty good pun isn’t it? Impoppable.”


I bought this purse with some Christmas money so I asked Jeffrey to take a picture of me with it. He took this one, and when I told him, "Hey, I do have a face" he just smiled and said, "But I got the purse and that's what you wanted!"





On Tuesday Jeffrey, Andrew, and I washed and vacuumed one of Grandma and K-Daddy’s cars. Jeffrey really enjoyed the noise, water, and machinery of the car wash so I suggested after lunch we do the same for their other car and then go get Aunt Mary’s and do hers as well. With big eyes and smile he said, “Yes, and then we can go to the mall!”

We finished one car and then went to get Aunt Mary’s car. While we were inside she told a few of her co-workers that we were washing cars if they wanted their’s washed as well. Mrs. Cook wanted hers washed so Jeffrey and I took that car first. On the way there I said, “Now I don’t know if she will, but if Mrs. Cook offers us money for this, don’t you think it would be good to say, ‘Mrs. Cook, we’re just glad to do a nice thing for you and Mr. Cook.’ “. His reply, “Yes, but if she insists then we should take it, right?” “Well we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it, but since Mr. Cook is sick and they are good people don’t you think we should just say, ‘Mrs. Cook, we’re just glad to do a nice thing for you and Mr. Cook’?” “Yes, but if she insists then we should just take it.”

We went through this several times to make sure he knew to say we were glad to do it for them. When we got back to Mary’s office, we handed Mrs. Cook the change, and then she gave him a tip. He says, “Mrs. Cook” and then looks at me and says “What is it I’m supposed to say?” Talk about exasperated! She said, “I’d give anyone who washed my car a tip so you take it.” He looks at me, smiles, and says, “She’s insisting.”

Here’s a picture of him on the carousel enjoying his tip.















No comments: