Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Different Church

Yesterday I left my bag with the things I need to get ready in the morning at Renae's so she said to come over this morning to get ready and then just go to church with them. I did that even though it meant one more week I didn't go to Grace.

It was kind of nice to go to another church. The sermon series now is Why Church? Today the talk was when the church is the church this is what results: God is glorified, evil is struck down, Christians are unified, and something about angels. I learned an interesting piece about the spiritual armor in Ephesians 6--every piece is discussed elsewhere in Ephesians. Truth, righteousness, gospel, etc. Unfortunately I didn't have anything to write with to get down all the verse, but I will look them up later.

Jayne, from handbells--last night I had thought about visiting St. Rose of Lima but went to Evergreen instead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed you this morning. I wondered where you were. Glad you weren't by yourself. I'll see you Wednesday, unless Rose of Lima has cancelled handbells :-)

Anonymous said...

I'll have to make sure and check channel 8 to see if they've cancelled before I leave on Wednesday.