Thursday, January 15, 2009

Soup's On

This week was a first. I've followed a recipe to make soup, but over the weekend I saw a recipe for hamburger soup, but I had chicken to use. That recipe said add tomato juice, but I wasn't sure about that with chicken so I added chicken broth instead. The recipe called for celery which I didn't have so I put in celery salt. Then I put in the carrots, potatoes, and onion the recipe called for. The carrots were in the freezer from this summer's garden. I saw some garden green beans in the freezer too so I threw them in. Then I through in some rice. While in the pantry I saw a can of northern beans so I threw that in as well. The beans and carrots certainly add color, and the soup itself is pretty good.

I am impressed with myself.

3 comments:

Ada said...

I'm confused!?!? Did you try a new recipe or just make "clean-out-the-fridge/cupboard" soup?

Anonymous said...

Sounds good; however, you forgot to mention one thing: The Kitchen Sink!!!
K-Daddy

Anonymous said...

I altered a recipe and kept finding things that I thought sounded good. It kind of surprises me because usually when people say they put everything but the kitchen sink in something it loses all appeal to me as in "just what was in the refrigerator for how long that you put in there!"

Aunt Ada, thanks for the name of my altered recipe. I'm ready for the next Klopfenstein cookbook.