Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I’ve had a rough few days; the economy and its fallout within my company have been weighing heavily on me. I’ll admit my response hasn’t been very biblical—instead of reworking budgets and remembering that if God has the hairs of my head numbered and cares for the birds of the field that He will take of me as well, I reworked budgets and melted down.

Then earlier in the week I sent a birthday card to my Leap Day niece and wrote the verse that I write on all the birthday cards:

I Samuel 12:24--Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you.

And I realized that I wasn’t thinking about the great things He has done for me. My Thankful Thursday list has been developed all week long.

1. I’ve been home three evenings in a row this week. I don’t know when that last happened. I needed it, and even though I, of course, didn’t get everything done I wanted to, it was good to get done what I did.
2. This week I found out one friend from Illinois’s mother died a couple of weeks ago and talked with another friend whose father is expected to die anytime. It made me thankful for how healthy my parents are.
3. It’s funny that after my sister posted on her blog about having dinner with a friend that she doesn’t see very often, but when they do see each other they pick right up as if there had been no absence. That’s pretty much what Mary Claire said last night—it’s great to have a friend who you can talk to freely even if there isn’t a lot or regular contact.
4. The weather was very, very foggy this morning on the drive to work. I realized that I could miss the exit because even though it’s only one exit further to work I don’t really know the curves, etc. on the highway yet, and I could see only about 2-3 car lengths ahead of me. I didn’t miss the exit and I got to work safely.
5. My pre-work for month-end either tied or had an easy fix.
6. And many other things I thought of at the time but can’t remember now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your Thankful Thursdays and miss them if you miss as you rarely do.