Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Two Piece Praise Band

Sunday was Day Two on the organ. Personally I felt a lot of pressure because so many people had complimented me from the first time. Let’s just say it didn’t go as smoothly as the first time. I need a refresher course from the 5-10 minutes of instructions we got in late February or early March about playing.

One step of progress I made was actually changing the sounds between the two verses of a hymn that we sang. However, apparently no one noticed.

The “praise band” played the postlude, but as we played we realized it was not “band”; it was a duet of Jayne from Handbells on the piano and me on the organ. We sounded good so it’s too bad people don’t listen to the postlude.

2 comments:

Jayne, from bells said...

Yeah! Maybe that's why we sounded so good. Nobody was listening, but us. Who will contradict our story? Ha :-) I'm not gonna lie, I like it that way.

Anonymous said...

Rock on!!!!!