Wednesday, May 20, 2009

When It Rains It Pours or Rather Floods My Basement

Today is Day 82 (no, not a typo) of my water saga. Briefly, one month ago sump pump put it. Gave it two weeks. Sump pump didn't remove the water so the guy who put it in said we need to put in a drain tile from the pump under the hallway into the bedroom to get the water to the sump pump. I thought the work would be scheduled last week, but no it had to go to the board for approval. That should've happened at Monday night's board meeting.

Last night I called to see if the work was scheduled yet. After the board member's nervous laughter, he told me that the work was on hold by the board. He wouldn't say who was the lead on that or why. I called but could not reach any other board member. Finally one returned my call and after a forceful yet nice conversation she said another board member was calling the maintenance board member to schedule the work.

I talked with that board member this morning. He said that he didn't know who I talked to or what I said but the e-mails were flying this morning! He said he would not schedule the work with a majority board vote, and that the one board member couldn't make that decision. He had the majority vote and wondered when I wanted it scheduled.

He called back a little bit ago and the work should be done this Saturday or next Saturday.

I told my father that I think I won, but let's face it--I still have a hole in my basement filled with water, the paneling and drop ceiling is down, the carpet is pulled up, and the sump pump runs and vibrates the living room floor.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I am so sorry you've had to have all this headache.