Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bike Ride

This morning I decided rather than taking a walk I’d take a bike ride. I had no planned route so I was just wandering up and down streets planning to ride for 30 minutes. About the furthest distance from my house, my seat slid down to its lowest position. I got off, raised it, and tightened the lever. I proceeded on my ride only to have the seat again go back down. I got off and repeated the process of positioning and tightening the seat. Before I even began riding the seat slid back down. I crossed Chicago Dr and went back to my condos with the furthest my leg extended to just beyond 90 degrees and holding onto the handle bars just below chin level. I’m sure it was an interesting sight. Crossing 32nd I could barely keep from laughing thinking that those truck drivers must be thinking “If she’d raise the seat it would be a lot more comfortable and easier riding.”

No comments: