Monday, June 15, 2009

Miscellaneous Monday

A few miscellaneous items from the weekend:

Saturday a.m. I went to an estate auction. I love watching the dynamics of an auction, and this one seemed to have more than its share of worthless junk. Of course, we all know that one man’s junk is another man’s treasure and apparently some were finding treasures. My treasure consisted of three boxes of canning and jam jars. The jam jars are pint and a half I think and have various fruits molded in the glass. They are really pretty so if you get jam from me in the next year in one of these jars, I really want it back. : ) I won the bid with what I thought was $1 choice so I chose three boxes of jars rather quickly knowing that people don’t want to waste time on $1 things. I went to pay and expected to pay $3 (really was breaking the bank on that auction!), but it was only $1. Had I known it was $1 for anything I wanted I would’ve taken all the boxes of jars.

Yesterday when driving home from church, a wild turkey flew across my exit. A small bird was right behind it. Apparently I killed the little bird because it was lying on the road as I looked through my rear view mirror. Right then another little bird flew up to it and just sat beside the dead bird. It was rather sad.

Last night at Renae’s I built a fire in the fire pit. I really like sitting around a fire and watching the hot colors swirl on the coals.

Friday was a fun day of walking through Saugatuck even though we missed Darryl Hannah who was there for the Waterfront Film Festival. We ate dinner on a restaurant deck overlooking Lake Kalamazoo/the channel and watched the boats go by.

Of course, the evening was rather spoiled by the Penguins beating the Red Wings for the Stanley Cup. Jayne from Handbells you have my sympathy. I noticed the black dress at church yesterday and realized you must be taking this pretty hard.

No comments: