Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lunch Service

For lunch today I went out with Renae and Nancy to a new place for us. It has somewhat recently located from another location. The décor is nicely painted to appear as if you are eating in the middle of Main Street with stores on both sides. It’s a family diner that I think has a pretty big following from having been at its previous location for many years. I’m not sure I’ll go back there. The food was ok, but the service had me walk out the door just shaking my head.

Nancy ordered a burger that came with chips and a pickle. She ordered no pickle, but when the plate came the pickle was on the side. She was obviously not happy and said that she thought she ordered no pickle. The server kind of laughed and said she thought Nancy meant just not on the burger. Nancy said she didn’t want the pickle and set it on the table off her plate. The server then picked up the pickle and started waving it right in Nancy’s face and said, “Are you afraid of it? It won’t hurt you.”

It was just bizarre and not the way to increase your tip from anyone at the table.

3 comments:

Ann said...

I might have thought the same thing, that "no pickle" meant on the burger. Is she allergic to pickles so that one on the side is a problem?

rk2 said...

She doesn't like the pickle juice that runs into her other food--makes the bun soggy and gets on the chips.

I may have thought on the burger as well except the server listed what came on the burger and she hadn't listed pickles.

Regardless, you don't wave what someone doesn't want in their face.

Again, just bizarre.

Nog Blog said...

I agree, totally rude and unthinkable for a capable server. Weird, actually.