Monday, September 21, 2009

Deja Vu

February of 1989 or 1990 a student approached me before the bell for last hour to begin which would have been about 2:30. “Ms. K., I feel like I have to throw up.” I told her to go to the bathroom if she was going to be sick thinking why is she wasting time telling me and spreading her germs around me.

That evening on the way home from a basketball game my stomach started cramping. Sparing the details of 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m., I will just say that it wasn’t pretty. At 5:00 a.m. I thought someone should know I was dying so I called my parents who were only four states away. They talked to me for a few minutes and talking with them calmed me down so that at the end of the conversation I apologized for waking them up so early. My mom replied, “That’s ok. I had to get up to answer the phone anyway.” Thanks, Mom, for making me feel better.

Why tell this story? At 2:30 today a co-worker came to my desk to ask where our work team leader was. She was sweating and I asked if she was ok. “I feel like I’m going to throw up.”

I hope it’s not déjà vu all over again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ecklish!

MLK said...

Ecklish!

Mack said...

I hope that was not me that was the former student!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

Rhoda said...

Mandy,

Don't worry--it wasn't you!