Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Miscellaneous Ramblings

Blogging has been sporadic lately as things have been a bit busy. I often think of things I'd blog about if it were more convenient to do so. Here are some random things that have occurred:

1. Heard this comment on Saturday. "I've learned that you don't have to be Baptist to go to heaven, but why take a chance." No doubt this us used with whatever church the speaker goes to.

2. I have poison ivy. It is uncomfortable and after itching for six days I'm ready for it to be over and not spread up my neck as it appears to be doing.

3. Sunday morning I played the organ at church--let's just say it was an interesting morning. The worship leader began to say a verse and then seemed to stop and be done so I started the introduction to the first hymn. Let's just say the verse wasn't done so I stopped and then started when I was sure everything was said that was going to be said. After the hymn, I moved the hymnbook from the organ rack to the bench only I missed the bench and it fell apparently quite loudly to the floor. I guess they get what they pay for.

4. I'm not a fan of tart apples. They hurt my eyes. Last week the grocery had 3 lb bags of apples quite cheap, but I didn't recognize the type of apples and I'm afraid to buy a bag if I don't know I'll like the apples. I tried gala apples, and they are good--mostly sweet with a hint of tart.

5. I've been waiting for concord grapes to show up in the grocery stores, and finally on Saturday they showed up!

6. Finished reading Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy. It's a great book, and if you have a football fan this is an excellent choice as there is a lot of emphasis on living out your faith and making faith a priority because football is temporary.

7. Last night I began a biographical novel on Andrew Jackson that my sister shared with me.

8. Wednesday begins my next CU class. It lasts four weeks and then I have a week off before beginning a five-week class.

1 comment:

Ann said...

How do tart apples hurt your eyes? :-)