Friday, September 4, 2009

See You On The Grill

Renae the Chicken Wrangler:



The last chicken in the pen:


The last one wouldn't go down to the end with the door so I lifted the chicken tractor and the chicken had about 8 seconds of freedom:
Last Saturday at the demolition derby I commented that all of the cars being smashed up were one day driven off a car lot as a new car that someone was so proud of and probably took really good care of. Three years ago on August 28 I would never have thought my Honda Fit Sport would be used to haul live chickens to the "poultry processing facility".




We pick them up after 5:00 tonight.
As my co-worker said, "See you on the grill."










1 comment:

Ann said...

I don't know if I could have handled that. It's very different seeing chicken pieces in little yellow styrofoam trays in the grocery store, than really realizing that they are real animals that have been cut up. :-)