Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Today At Work I Spent All Afternoon on the Phone

This afternoon I literally spent all afternoon on the phone with a project manager from our check printing software company. We are making an upgrade to the program I use every day. The PM blocked off 1:00-5:00 for what I thought was supposed to be training but she was sure we wouldn't need all of that time. Little did I know we were also installing files and then training. I am now much more intimately acquainted with the software than I ever cared to be.

WebEx was slow so we were delayed by that, and then there were other issues. Earlier I could print checks but not the reports to the correct printer tray. Now I have reports from the correct tray but no checks are printing.

We got off the phone at 4:45 and are scheduled to talk again at 1:00-3:00 tomorrow.

I am quite mentally fatigued which means even though I should grade papers, fold laundry, and pick up around my house tonight, I seriously doubt how much of that will get done!

No comments: