Sunday, December 6, 2009

Organ Woes or is it Woah's???

I got the music list on Wednesday.
Wednesday evening before bells I got the music and ran through a few of the songs.
Saturday I went to church to go over the music.
This morning I was at church at 7:30 to practice.
At 8:00 I went through the music with everyone.
Each of these practice times had their glitches but I felt pretty good about it all.
9:00 I went over each piece of music and made sure everything was in order.
I was good to go.
Bible study went long so I missed the prelude. Oops.
The settings I had for a communion song in which only instruments played was about 8.5 times louder during church than in practice, but once the song starts and the pedal is on its softest setting I had no idea what to do without potentially making it worse.
During the instrumental offertory I panicked again and forgot to turn a page.

I offered to be fired from the organ after the service, and I'm pretty sure I won't be getting paid for today's near fiasco.

3 comments:

Jayne, from bells said...

Oh, seriously, you did fine and of course you'll be paid your usual rate :-)

Jayne, from bells said...

and btw, I missed the last 2 preludes on synthesizer. I haven't received the next schedule yet. Is it out? Ha!

Ann said...

We all have days like that. Once I completely missed a key change during a choir special. They stood there waiting and it was like Barney's choir solo on the Andy Griffith show where no one knows what to do. They didn't fire me either. :-)