Saturday, January 2, 2010

Random Thoughts

1. Sitting at Mocha 'n Music "grading" papers for class.

2. It's very cold here; today is a high of 15. Thankfully the sun is shining today.

3. Cracker Barrel in Michigan isn't as good as CB in Alabama. Who wants biscuits with a dark brown top? And if I ask if grits come with the meal after it's been served why would a server say, "Yes, do you want them?"

4. Happy New Year everyone!

5. I hope a change in layout isn't throwing anyone--especially those who layout newsletters.

6. The profile pic is from a long, long time ago with me, my sister, and two cousins.

7. I had a great Christmas with family.

8. My father is doing well from surgery. The hip replacement went well, but there have been a coule of other issues that have delayed his progress. It was hard to leave them.

9. For the girls at Christmas I send an MK catalog and offer them a dollar amount they can order. They also have the option of a gift card to the store of their choosing. In addition to what they ask for I add a couple of other MK things. This year they got two gift with purchase items. Their gifts go in a gift bag, and I give them to each person individually. As I present it to them I say, "May all your Christmases be pink."

10. OK, I really do need to grade papers now!

1 comment:

Newsletter layout artist friend :) said...

Regarding #5: the layout changes have been very refreshing. I can't speak for others, but I personally have embraced the concept and eagerly anticipate new layouts!