Friday, February 12, 2010

Prayer Need

It's a Friday off and as is typical for me, I'm not getting nearly as much done as I need to or planned to. Now I'm at Mocha 'n Music to check e-mail and got this from a friend in Ohio:

Just wanted to ask you for your prayers, more for family than for myself, Rob took me to see the oncologist yesterday and they are confident that the mass they removed in January was malignant but again hopeful that they got it all. My doctor will be sending my path report out to either the Mayo Clinic or to Harvard for a second opinion, because my case is so very rare. They have diagnosised me with clear cell carcinoma and have asked me to under go chemotherapy in the next few months.
My doctor is already looking for more answers on this rare form of cancer, my cancer has in a muscle not in a vital organ which makes it rare because they can't pin point to where it originated, so as he meets regularly with other oncologist at Kettering Hospital as well as doctors from the University of Cincinnati he will share this with them to see if they have also known of any others. He wants to also bring me back in to remove my remaining ovary he doesn't want to take a chance that it may also have malignant cells inside of it. So the next year will be busy with lots of visits to Kettering Hospital. God has something good that will come out of this, I am already expecting something awesome out of it.

Please keep me in your prayer as well as the family, I would also ask for wisdom and guidance for the doctors and nurses who will be treating me. Thank you for your love and support as my family walks down a road traveled with uncertainties. I serve THE GREATEST DOCTOR who is above this cancer and I am claiming that he has already healed me and this is precautionary measures so there will be no doubt that there is no spec of microscopic malignancy in my body.


And now my heart is hurting for Shelley.

No comments: