Thursday, March 18, 2010

Reading

Mark Twain said, "The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them."

What are you reading?
With working on a CU project and getting ready for another class my reading has slowed down--at least reading for enjoyment.
I'm enjoying Spurgeon's Morning by Morning as a devotional, and I'm reading Jeff Sharbet's The Family (on the Kindle) about the secretive religious organization that organizes the National Prayer Breakfast. Jeff went to DC to live in one of The Family's homes. The first part was really interesting detailing that experience. Now he's tracing the roots of fundamentalism in the US from Jonathan Edwards through Billy Sunday, and that's as far as I'm through the book. It's getting drier but I want to keep plugging away at it.

No comments: