Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dinner

Great dinner deal tonight. A local restaurant had a $9.99 prime rib special before 6:00 p.m. We ordered that, but the manager came by and said they were out of prime rib and gave us a $5 coupon to use. We ordered other meals.

When the bill came, Renae's dinner and both our drinks were on my bill and rung up on my card. My dinner was on her bill and rung up on her card. No $5 off was on either slip. The server apologized and said she'd take care of it. The slips came back with $5 off, but I was still paying for two drinks and a higher priced meal. She and another server worked on it, but it came back wrong again. I was a bit worried about how many times a charge would show up on my credit card bill. Finally the server got the manager involved. He worked at the register for a few minutes, came over, and said, "Thanks for your patience tonight. We're sorry for the confusion; you're dinner is taken care of."

It was the server's first night, and I think the $5 coupon got her flustered. They didn't expect a large turnout for the special and the manager said he wouldn't have had her on the floor had he known. Except for not charging us correctly, which we didn't mind in the long run, the server did a really nice job for her first night.

No comments: