Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

Yesterday seemed like Friday to me. Maybe I like the four day weeks and felt as if Thursday should be it for the week, I don't know. I kept thinking it was not just Friday but Good Friday as well. I thought about how we used to get Good Friday as a holiday until my second year at HMI. At lunch I thought about a church I pass that is having their Good Friday service 12:00-1:00 p.m.

But then I thought about trying to schedule a baseball game when I was in Ohio. The opponent was a small Christian school near Cincinnati that wasn't in our league and I don't know that we had played before. In trying to come up with a mutually good date, their AD suggested whatever date was Good Friday. Since he just gave the date and it was open on my scheduler I agreed and then said I needed to look at another calendar. When I told him that we couldn't play that day since it was Good Friday, he went into a nearly 5 minute tirade as to why we should set aside Good Friday because that wasn't the actual day Jesus died. They believed he was in the tomb 3 full days so Jesus had to die on Wednesday instead of Friday. My reply: "OK, but we still aren't going to play on that day."

No comments: