Thursday, June 10, 2010

Losing my Cells

The pump on my pressure washer has gone out. Yesterday morning I picked it up from the repair place without getting it fixed, but I was too dressed up to get it out of the car at Renae’s on my way home yesterday. The smell of gas has been quite strong in my car yesterday and today. On my way to run an errand at lunch today the thing tipped over in my vehicle so I had to pull into the first driveway and tip it back over. Unfortunately gas spilled in my car.

Conversation with Renae shortly later:

Rho: I can’t believe gas spilled in my car. I guess it’s good I still have cardboard down in the back.
Renae: Gas doesn’t stain.
Rho: But it still really smells.
Renae: We can use carpet cleaner to get rid of that.
Rho: But I miss the brain cells I’m losing.
Renae: It’s ok. You have enough so you can afford to lose some.

Remind me again that she’s my friend!

2 comments:

MLK said...

Do you remember when a plastic milk jug broke in our car and a gallon of milk ran out on the car floor carpet? That was odiferous to say the least. After two years we still open the car windows when the car is in the garage. Except for possible toxic fumes, gasoline odors do not sound bad. And you didn't have to spend $100 plus to have the car interior cleaned all to no avail!

rk2 said...

True, but those fumes were pretty bad for a couple of days!!! My co-worker could smell the gas without even getting into the car.