Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Saturday

This morning I biked 20 miles for the Holland Hundred. It's a beautiful ride through the country southeast of Holland, but it was in the 80s and hot, hot, hot. We left at 7:45 and returned at 10:15. At the half way point there is a pancake breakfast and then lots of water and fruit when the riders finish. This is the second year I did it.

So this afternoon I'm paying for it with a heat headache, but there is the garden that needs attention. Now it's 10-15 minutes of weeding and then 10-15 minutes in the pool to cool off. I will not leave tonight until the garden is completely weeded and I pick beans. Thankfully now at 3:00ish the west side of the garden is shaded so it seems about 5-8 degrees cooler than in the sun.

I'm not sure how I ever grew up in Alabama because to me today is too hot even to be in the pool. However, I'll take this summer of heat over last summer's cool 70s most of the time!

No comments: