Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thankful Thursday 7/15/10

1. My friend Mary Claire gave me jumper cables for Christmas in 1992. Not a very exciting gift that we laughed about at the time, but I loved that gift yesterday when I left the lights on during lunch and the battery was dead.
2. Thankfully Renae carries the load of checking the chickens daily. The last two days I've had activities in the evenings so if were up to me, the chickens may be without food or water.
3. When the battery goes dead the radio in my car has to be reset with a code. Serious? I have to figure out where the code is? The dealer said they can pop the radio out to get the code on the back of it. Of course, this would cost $40-50. Apparently I followed the sales guy's suggestion and put the card with the code in a file separate from the car, and I found it after work tonight.
4. Last night I started a new class with a group I taught previously. It's kind of nice to know the students already, and even nice when one of them said, "Oh, I was so glad when I saw your name as the instructor!!!" I'm sure she would be saying it if I'd already turned in the grades.

No comments: