Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Discount Airline Travel

Apparently discount airlines means a website that doesn't work for pre-check in, no leg room, and unfriendly flight attendants. However, on all four legs of my trip we left on time, arrived early, and my luggage was on every leg.

On Tuesday returning I was near the back of the plane from Huntsville to Baltimore so I was one of the last ones off. I had exactly 35 minutes to take off for my connection. I walked off the jetway and heard the gate agent say, "We will begin boarding for Grand Rapids in just a couple of minutes. . ." My first flight arrived at the gate I would be departing from on the same plane with same crew. The flight attendants were unfriendly and rather rude. However, the pilot played the harmonica as he made his announcements on both flights. Also when he was talking about flying into Grand Rapids he said, "Home of President Gerald R. Ford, home of Herman Miller." I clapped. Then he added "Home of Steelcase." I booed.

No comments: