Friday, December 17, 2010

Another Late Thankful Thursday and Other Stuff

I haven’t forgotten Thankful Thursdays and although I often make a list, I just can’t get it put on-line. Then on Fridays I think about various things that have occurred during the week that includes things for which I’m thankful.


1. This is the second year I’ve lead the Finance holiday gift giving project. I’m thankful I can be on the giving side.

2. Today while enjoying Christmas music on Pandora, I heard Third Day’s “Merry Christmas”, and I’m reminded of two old friends who have gone to Africa and Eastern Europe to bring home new members of their families this year. I also think of another couple who are raising money to go get their child in Ethiopia. I’m so thankful for families who reach out to the 147 million orphans around the world.

3. Today at lunch I went outside to run errands and my car was gone. Yes, it was not in the place I parked this morning. Then I remembered that while I had pulled into that space first thing this morning, I didn’t have my badge to get in the door and no one was pulling into my parking lot so I had to go park in the front lot so I could go in an open door. Thankfully at lunch I had my badge so I could go back in and through the building to get to my car and not have to walk all around the building. Hmmm, early senior moment?

4. I don’t like it when people say they don’t like Christmas music! Yes, there is some I like less than the rest, but Christmas music is happy and reminds me of the good and fun of Christmas.

5. One week from today “if the Lord’s willing and the creek don’t rise” (or for Michigan “and there isn’t a snowstorm”) I’ll be in Atlanta with family right now. Love it!!!

6. Comment I overheard this week: “I hope Santa is as good to you as he is to your children!”

7. Enough rambling on.

1 comment:

mary Westmacott said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.