Friday, April 1, 2011

Blockbuster

This morning I found out that with Blockbuster's bankruptcy, they will honor their gift cards only through Wednesday, April 6.

Renae has a coupon for two movies, 2 Cokes, and a bag of popcorn. At lunch I took the coupon and her gift card with $16.92 to get movies and use up her gift card. The coupon is actually still valid after April 6 so I just had to use up her gift card. I got $15.96 of movies so had .94 left to spend. Of course, I couldn't leave that on the card.

I could get a Coke for $1.59 or get the Blockbust special of a Coke, a big box of candy, AND a bag of popcorn for only $3.  As I paid for the special I told the  two clerks, "Hmmm, I'm paying $2 to use up my friends gift card. It sounds like a scam to me." They laughed and laughed even harder when I said, "I think I'll keep her coupon."

No comments: