Friday, April 8, 2011

Thankful Thursday on Friday 04/08/11

Yesterday passed without my making this post which is good because I can add something now that I couldn't yesterday.

1. I'm thankful UConn didn't play in the women's national championship game on Tuesday night.

2. I'm thankful I have a group of friends to watch the game with.

3. Yesterday had a lot of sunshine at lunch and it was really nice!!! (Right, Jayne from Handbells?)

4. Earlier in the week I did a really stupid thing and forgot something really, really big. Last night when I realized it I made about a 40-mile round trip to try to fix it, but what I needed wasn't available. This morning I made a call and had to admit I did a stupid forgetful thing. Less than an hour ago I got an e-mail that the missing items were found, and I will make another 40-mile round trip later this afternoon to retrieve what I forgot. Good thing a gallon of gas is only $3.89 and not yet $4 with these extra trips I'm making. This is an expensive lesson both money and time-wise.

5. So far everything I'm doing at work to cover for others seems to be correct.

1 comment:

Jayne, from bells said...

1. I was disappointed UConn didn't play in the final game because I had no need to wear the shirt I bought to wear once a year. I'm thankful it wasn't a big investment.
2. I am thankful for a friend providing her home and snacks! and lots of good laughs! to watch the game.
3. Yes, indeed, lunch was very sun-shiny and enjoyable!
4. I have no knowledge of this and am quite sure I wasn't involved, thankfully!
5. I'm also quite sure I didn't mess up anyone's work, because I wasn't at work this week. I am thankful for Spring Break :-)