Friday, October 21, 2011

Aunt Marian

This morning I got a phone call that my Aunt Marian had passed away. After a stroke last evening she was on some type of breathing machine and when the machine was turned off she continued to breathe which was not expected.

This morning I sat at my desk at work and thought of the many, many meals she cooked that I got to enjoy. I had to smile as I thought that although the medical community has developed very sophisticated equipment and they think they know when life will end, I think God said I've known Marian since before the world began, and I've held her in my hand throughout her earthly life. In fact I loved Marian so much that she was worth Jesus to me. So go ahead and turn off the machine and I will walk my dear child home when it is the time I have chosen for her.

And then I think Aunt Marian stepped across the shore and found it heaven, touched a hand and found it God's, breathed new air and found it celestial, and woke up in glory and found it Home.

Finally Home


When alarmed by the fury of the restless sea,
Towering waves before you roll,
At the end of doubt and peril is eternity,
Though fear and conflict seize your soul

Just think of stepping on shore, and finding it heaven
Of touching a hand, and finding it God's
Of breathing new air, and finding it celestial
Of waking up in Glory, and finding it "Home"

When surrounded by the blackness of the darkest night,
Oh how lonely death can be,
At the end this long tunnel is a shinning light,
For death is swallowed-up in Victory, (Victory!)

Just think of stepping on shore, and finding it heaven
Of touching a hand, and finding it God's
Of breathing new air, and finding it celestial
Of waking up in Glory, and finding it "Home"

Finally Home! ...by Don Wyrtzen

1 comment:

marym said...

I loved your post. Thank you.