Saturday, December 7, 2013

Day 2 of Being Iced In

Well since I'm now on Day 2 of being iced in, I have time to post although rather late.

A few thoughts from my Thanksgiving trip:
1. The morning news on the day left said that I would be 1 of 39 million people who were travelling more than 50 miles from home for the holiday. Well they didn't say "I" would be, but they gave that statistic.
2. At times it seemed as if most of those 39 million were driving between Dallas and Little Rock.
3. I am much more brand aware of Motel 6. I drove the same route in July and never noticed that there is a Motel 6 at almost every exit between Dallas and Memphis apparently.
4. It was interesting driving through Memphis while listening to the new John Grisham book on CD since he focuses many of his stories in north Mississippi with many references to people from or going to Memphis.
5. It was incredible to see so many stars in the late evening sky on the drive.
6. It was strange driving through Decatur when that had been my destination for 40+ years.

No comments: