Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thankful Thursday 6/5/14

1. Thankful that 23 years ago my first niece was born. Mary Lee has been a joy and light. Her eyes sparkle. There are going to be some very fortunate children that have her for a teacher!!!

2. Thankful that on Mary Lee's 23rd birthday I signed an offer letter for a promotion at work.

3. Thankful that for the first time in 10 years I will be in a position that will use the abilities and interests God has given me most fully.

4. Thankful that for the last 10 years (well except for 6 months last year) God has given me gainful employment that has met my needs and many of my wants.

5. Thankful that for those six months I had unemployment and many family and friends looking out for me.

6. Thankful that today I remember Irma, a wonderful lady who mentored me in my first two years out of college. I lived in her and her husband's basement. She often encouraged me in my first two years of teaching.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Nice Thankful Thursday!! So glad for your promotion. Congratulations!!