Monday, July 5, 2021

Book Review: A Time for Mercy

A Time for Mercy (Jake Brigance, #3)A Time for Mercy by John Grisham
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Jake Brigance has been a favorite character of mine since I first read John Grisham in 1993 and will always look like Matthew McConaughey in my mine. A Time for Mercy is classic Grisham and right in his sweet spot as a legal novel set in north Mississippi. (I think every time he's left that topic and location except for some in DC his books fall short--think his attempts at sports writing, Camino Island, etc.)

My one complaint is how quickly the side plots are wrapped up in the last two chapters. Again, classic Grisham.

Written in the same vein as A Time To Kill but not quite as charged. It was a great read for my holiday weekend that kept me up too late on two nights to find out what happens.


View all my reviews

No comments: