Friday, August 6, 2021

Time to Stop Voting

 From James Clear's weekly newsletter 8/6/21:

"A quick and easy tip for building habits that last:

Pick a standard time and place to do it.

It’s easier to wake up knowing "I exercise at 4pm" than to decide each time when to fit a habit into your day.

If it’s already decided, all you need to do is show up."


I'm reminded of working with a vice principal who one day stated that he gave up voting many years before. As a former government teacher, I was appalled.

Then he said, "I gave up voting if I was going to walk and read my Bible every day. I go to bed every night and set my alarm to have time to read the Bible first and then walk every morning. I don't wake up in the morning and vote if I'm going to do those or not."

I'm thinking about the things I need to quit voting about.

No comments: