Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Masters

I love this weekend with the Masters golf tournament. I remember watching with Dad, Mark, and Mary probably in the late 70s watching Tom Watson. I don't remember if he won, but I always liked him after that.

In the mid-90s I babysat Lauren while Mark and Molly went to the tournament. She must have been not quite two that year.

In 1996 I at my foot propped on the top edge of the couch after surgery and watch Greg Norman choke on Sunday.

In 2004 it was watching with most of the family at a condo in Destin while it rained outside. We had all gathered there for Easter weekend and most importantly to celebrate Mom's birthday. I was glad Phil Mickelson finally won a major but laughed and laughed at his celebratory jump. It was also funny when he picked up his older daughter and said, "Can you believe it? Daddy won!!!"

Seeing the azaleas even just on tv is a great reminder that spring and then summer will come even here in Michigan!

No comments: