Thursday, April 3, 2008

Visiting

Four days before my next door neighbor’s 90th birthday party, he was diagnosed with advanced stages of pancreatic cancer. For his birthday I gave him two jars of homemade jam and told them to return the jars for more jam when they are finished. Tuesday afternoon the second clean jar was in my garage so I got a couple more jars to take over to him and his wife.

When his wife let me in the house, they wanted me to sit down and visit. However, she said, “You should sit down but you can stay for only a little bit because we have real company coming pretty soon.” I know how I rate.

When their granddaughter (the real company) pulled in the driveway, the wife said, “You can slip out through the garage door.”

OK, whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe..that's really funny!